Water Based Road Marking Compound
DESCRIPTION: Glowmark- WBS from JAYANTI CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS
- Confirms to IS 164 Specifications
- Suitable for direct application on asphalt and concrete roads
- Fast Drying
- Excellent wear and weathering resistance
- Recommended as kerb marking paint
- TECHNICAL DATA
- Nature: Liquid at ambient temperature
- Colour: White, Golden Yellow, Black
- Gloss: Matt
- Volume Solids: 35% Min
- Recommended WFT per Coat: 25-30 Microns
- Theoretical Coverage : 14.0 sq.mt / ltr @25 mic
0 sq.mt / ltr @35 mic
- Drying Time at 30°C: Surface Dry: 20 minutes Hard Dry: 1 hour
- Over coating interval at 30°C: Minimum: 45 minutes
- Maximum : Unlimited, provided
surface is dry and clean from all
- APPLICATION METHODOLOGY
- Ensure that the road surface is clean, free from dust, oil and grease.
- Heavy deposits of earlier paint or thermoplastic should be removed.
- Wire brushing and water washing is recommended for removal of dust from the road surface.
- The surface should be thoroughly dry and free from moisture before painting.
- Surface temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point but not above 50°C.
- Do not paint at temperatures below 10°C or at relative humidity over 85%
- Under cold and humid conditions, the paint would require longer drying time.
- Two coat application is recommended for optimum performance
- MIXING: If settling is observed in the drum, loosen the settled material with the help of a hand stirrer followed by a power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing.
- Brush Recommended Thinner: Municipal / Potable water
- Volume of Thinner: 25 – 35 %
- Air Spray Recommended Thinner: Municipal / Potable water
- Volume of Thinner: 30 – 50 %
- Nozzle Orifice: 1.5 – 3.0 mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 0.3 – 0.4 Mpa (= approx 3 – 4 atm; 43 – 57 p.s.i)
- STORAGE & PACKING
- Storage: A minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in a cool, dry and covered place
- Packing: 20 litres